The 4 Pillars of Locked4Food
Locked4Food is designed to look after people.
The end consumer:
- Can enjoy food with peace of mind, knowing it hasn’t been touched by anyone after it has left the kitchen
- Can easily open the package
- Can contribute to the circular economy by recycling the containers
The manufacturing process is also certified according to OHSAS 18001 standards for the respect and safety of all workers.
Safe delivery: in 2019, a US Foods research on food delivery, found out that 54% of the interviewed riders
were tempted to smell food during transport. 28% of the riders admitted they have tasted the food at least once. Only 18% never came into contact with food by tasting or sniffing it.
What consumers ask for
85% of the consumers interviewed by US Foods (858 out of 1009) proposed a solution: Tamper Evident packaging that clearly shows if the package has been opened.
New needs that emerged during the 2020 pandemic
The demand for food-home-delivery has exploded during the Covid epidemic, due to lockdown, social distancing measures and smart-working*.
The pandemic has made the demand for food health and safety compelling.
Locked4Food: food safety for the consumer
Locked4Food is the most advanced cardboard packaging solution, built to give peace of mind to the user:
- Each package, when closed, automatically seals, independently of the operator’s discretion
- A highly visible warning indicator shows whether the package has been closed correctly and the seal is triggered
- The cardboard used is FSSC 22000 certified, a guarantee of product’s safety
- Inks and varnishes are plant-based
Plastic pollution has become an established fact and a worldwide emergency.
However, many take-away food packages are plastic-made or employ plastic parts that are not easily recyclable. And most existing tamper evident and anti-tamper solutions employ stickers or other plastic components.
The cardboard used for Locked4Food is recyclable and meets the strictest quality certifications:
- FSC ensures Its provenance from forests managed responsibly and sustainably
- ISO 14001 for environmental protection
- ISO 50001 for energy sustainable management
The production process is also certified:
- FSC for forest preservation
- ISO 14001 for the preservation of the environment
Locked4Food adds value to the image of all professionals and operators in the take-out-food sector.
Restaurateurs and food delivery companies demonstrate to:
- Look after the state in which food arrives on their customers’ tables
- Take an interest in respecting the environment
- Be innovative and sensible towards change
Riders are provided with an easy-to-handle and easy-to-carry packaging that certifies their reliability.